Leading provider of sustainable productivity solutions, Atlas Copco, has agreed to acquire the assets of Renegade Drilling Supplies Proprietary Ltd, a South African manufacturer and distributor of drilling consumables for mining exploration.
Renegade Drilling is based in Johannesburg, South Africa, and sells its products throughout the Southern African region. The company manufactures and distributes mining exploration drilling consumables, such as drill rods, in-the-hole tools and diamond drill bits.
“We are happy to bring the strong team at Renegade Drilling into our Group,” said Helena Hedblom, President of Atlas Copco’s Mining and Rock Excavation Technique business area. “This acquisition will expand our product portfolio and establish a regional footprint for manufacturing of mining exploration consumables.”
The acquisition is expected to be completed shortly. The purchase price is not materially significant to Atlas Copco’s market capitalisation and has not been disclosed.
“The business will be part of the Rock Drilling Tools division in Epiroc, the wholly-owned subsidiary of Atlas Copco that will be listed on the stock exchange in 2018 subject to shareholders’ approval,” she added.
- Can new leadership change South Africa’s fate?
- SA will have 17 new shopping centres by the end of December
- What you need to know about rezoning residential property for business use
- ArcelorMittal South Africa selects Verster as CEO
- Renewable energy shifts South African power commodity market towards transmission equipment upgrades