KwaZulu-Natal’s (KZN) construction sector currently contributes 4.5% to its provincial GDP on an annual basis with the province allocating a budget of R350 million to award tenders for maintenance, storm damage, school fencing programmes, water and sanitation, repairs and renovations to emerging contractors. Against this backdrop, the KZN Construction Expo creates a favourable climate for local capacity building within the construction sector in support of the province’s overall development.
The KZN Construction Expo is the only multi-disciplinary show for Kwazulu-Natal’s built environment, focusing on buyer and seller engagements through free-to-attend content and face-to-face interactions under one roof.
A highlight will be the KZN Stakeholder Engagement Forum, a free-to-attend morning networking event on the second day of the expo where crucial conversations about current issues facing the KZN construction sector will take place.
With over two thousand attendees, ranging from small contractors through to architects, quantity surveyors, property developers, government and industry associations, this is an unprecedented opportunity to access KZN’s building and construction value chain in a unique setting allowing for prestigious visibility, interactive networking and on-site demonstrations.
Key features of the 2018 KZN Construction Expo include:
- over 80 exhibitors
- seven dedicated zones on the exhibition floor showcasing (concrete; construction; digital construction; mechanical, electrical & plumbing services; smart build/ecobuild; surfaces & finishes and tools & equipment)
- free to attend training workshops, including a workshop on worker’s compensation presented by Federated Employer's Mutual Assurance Company (FEMA) and a workshop on plumbing installations hosted by SaniFlo
- networking opportunities and much more!
“Over 80 companies will exhibit at the expo, including suppliers and solution providers involved in pre-build, construction and finishing phases of the construction cycle. Furthermore, chemicals, tools, equipment, finishes, materials and contracting services suppliers will be on hand, showcasing the latest technologies and solutions available to the market. All in all, this really is the must attend building and construction show in KwaZulu Natal” says Soren du Preez, Content Director.
- For more information, go to www.kzn-construction.co.za
- Manitou - Your partner in construction
- Revolutionary solar-power desalination plant could provide cheaper option, but it needs space
- Meet with key construction buyers in the Western Cape
- SA eyes region’s building and mining sectors for exports of steel products
- African Utility Week is more than just a trade expo