For over 80 years Konecranes has provided an extensive range of cranes, for light duty applications and demanding process use - such as ports and shipyards. The global crane group, through its six branches in South Africa, supplies bridge, gantry, and wall console cranes that can be equipped with a wide variety of lifting devices. The range comprises:
- CXT Wire Rope Hoist Cranes: lifting capacity up to 80tons with one hoist and up to 160tons with two hoists
- SMARTON Open Winch Cranes: lifting capacity up to 250tons with one trolley and up to 500tons with two trolleys.
- ChainHoistCranes: lifting capacity up to 5tons
- Jib Cranes: lifting capacity up to 2 tons Konecranes wide range of industrial cranes includes significant innovations developed for crane applications.
- They are designed to meet medium to heavy industrial lifting requirements, covering all phases of the manufacturing process.
The technology developed by Konecranes is based on powerful innovation in mechanical and electrical design, as well as on the application of the most modern industrial manufacturing know-how. Safer cranes for hazardous environment Konecranes also offers a wide range of hazardous area cranes, hoists and components. All strategic components, such as wire rope hoists, chainhoists, traveling machineries, end carriages and crane controls, are designed and manufactured to ensure the highest safety levels are maintained in hazardous environments
Standard and outstanding at once
Konecranes’ standard offering in industrial cranes provides excellent return on investment. Rather than measuring returns solely on capacity and cost effectiveness, reliability and safety are also regarded as crucial factors in determining the overall returns that a new piece of lifting equipment provides. Konecranes manufactures cranes that have the ability to reliably lift diverse types of loads, to facilitate operation, to minimise cycle times and to help increase overall safety. Every crane operation process is different, thus their specific needs are too. Konecranes can also help here by customising cranes to meet individual application requirements — for brand new cranes or the modernisation of existing ones. Strong and safe at once The steel structure of all cranes manufactured by Konecranes is strong and built to last.
It is optimised in design to reduce stress on the building where it is placed. In addition, operators are provided with excellent control over their loads with thesteplessspeedinverter control along the runway. For a better optimisation of space, Konecranes has developed headroom and hook approaches that have been minimised, thus offering maximum space for other operations above and below the cranes, which consequently helps enhance safety and enables customers to better utilize the working space at their facilities.
Extensive service network
Through its global service network, Konecranes offers specialised maintenance and modernisation services for all types of industrial cranes. These services can be applied to a single piece of equipment or across the entire operation, boosting the productivity and safety of industrial processes. Excellent, proactive, and real-time service is one of Konecranes’ strategic priorities. With over 600 service locations in almost 50 countries, the company has the largest service network in the industry and provides high-quality service 24/7.
- Konecranes CXT explorer: a mobile workshop for in the middle of nowhere
- South Africa leads the way
- Ports and Maritime authority to announce investment ready projects in the ports and maritime infrastructure development value chain
- Innovation by TPT saves millions
- S.Africa’s Transnet to spend additional $6BN on ports, railways over three years