Test Instruments Africa (TIA) is proud to anounce the launch of a 600V, rugged, safe (CAT IV,) clamp-on ground resistance tester. Chauvin Arnoux’s CA6416.17 is ergonomically designed specifically
for ground measurements in urban areas - typically with limited access to set up ground stakes. The CA6416.17 ground clamps can be used to perform selective measurements on a parallel ground system without disconnecting conductors. In the case of regularly spaced ground connections or an underground ground loop, the use of ground clamps to measure low values, allows the user to check the continuity of the loop conductor tested.
The CA6416.17 ground clamps can be used in the following applications:
- Measurement of grounds in parallel on MV.LV installations
- Ground measurements in urban areas, and on buildings with Faraday cages
- Measurements on telecommunications lines
- Measurements in the railway sector
- Ground measurement on buried or surface pipelines
High-performance magnetic materials are used to limit the unit’s weight. Minimal effort is required to keep the clamp open due to a new feature – a force compensation system installed on the trigger – which optimises the handling of the product while reducing user fatigue. A protective guard prevents the users’ hand from slipping during measurements and a moulded-silicone rotary switch is can easily be operated even when wearing safety gloves. Large function keys on the front of the clamp give direct access to the various functions.
The measuring head is the key component of the ground clamp, which guarantees the performance of the product. The CA6416.17 ground clamps comprise two independent, shielded magnetic circuits that ensure excellent elimination of measurement noise. Smooth contact-surface finishes, prevents the accumulation of particles, which may affect measurements. The centering system ensures optimum alignment of the two parts of the head in order to ensure measurements that remain accurate over time.
Lastly, the CA6416.17 features a bigger jaw size (35mm) with wide-OLED display, real-time clock recording up to 2000 measurements and Bluetooth communication (CA6417 only.) Shipped in a hard case with a 1-year warranty, the CA6416.17 can be calibrated by the user, using the calibration loop accessory.
For more information on CA6416.17 ground clamps, contact Justin Clarkson at TIA on:
- S.Africa’s Transnet to spend additional $6BN on ports, railways over three years
- Mobile heater skid for natural gas pipeline
- Ultrasonic water meter for instantaneous measurements
- Transnet Port Terminals East London innovates with grain elevator rail connectivity
- Transnet flying the South African flag high at the International Heavy Haul railway stage