The inaugural Manufacturing East Africa conference will be hosted in Nairobi, Kenya from the 19 – 20 April 2017 and has been developed to explore and address the growing need for intra-Africa trade across the continent. The event will comprise a 1 day conference, manufacturing competitiveness workshop and allocated business networking time.
There is increased interest from South African manufacturers to explore new markets to sell products and services and with the rapidly growing East African market, this provides an opportunity to establish new business partnerships, trade relationships, the opportunity to explore investment into the regional SEZs and a platform to engage and meet with key East African stakeholders.
The event is partnered with the South African Department of Trade and Industry, the Manufacturing Circle, Kenya Manufacturers Association, Trade Invest Africa, CAIA as well as our private sector partner, Deloitte Kenya, South Africa and Tanzania.
"Many local companies have registered to attend and we look forward to hosting a successful inaugural event aimed at paving the way for manufacturing growth and intra-Africa trade. This further supports the growth strategy of the annual Manufacturing Indaba hosted in South Africa to aid companies to find emerging markets to enable growth." commented Liz Hart, Managing Director of the Manufacturing Indaba portfolio of events.
- South Africa may consider rate increase in grip of a recession
- NETSOL Technologies Goes Live in South Africa with German Auto Manufacturing Giant
- Rand slumps as SA enters recession for first time since 2009
- Another weak data point shows China's economy is 'now facing relatively obvious downward pressure'
- China manufacturing improves in August but sales weaken