The Drill Driver, Hammer Drill and Impact Driver offer users improved performance, control and ergonomics
- Increased power and faster speed of application
- Shorter tool length to get into tight spaces with minimum fuss
- Drills with focused, angled and brighter LED light (reducing shadow), with an output of 60 lumens
- Choose from three impact control modes, including ‘Precision Drive’ for light screwdriving applications or up to 207Nm for heavier tasks
- Rugged design for exceptional toughness in the working environment
Research by DEWALT has shown that modern tradesmen and building contractors undertaking repetitive drilling and fastening work, require tools that offer reliable and powerful performance, a compact design, and ease of control. DEWALT has therefore expanded its XR 18V Lithium-Ion Brushless portfolio with the introduction of the premium and highly-durable DCD791 Drill Driver, DCD796 Hammer Drill Driver and DCF887 Impact Driver.
Improved power and speed of application
Professionals benefit from increased performance and productivity through the improved power delivered by the Brushless tools. This enables a faster speed of application, and the completion of high torque applications.
Featuring a more compact, balanced and lightweight design, the length of the Drill Drivers and Impact Driver has been reduced by 7mm and 6mm respectively. This allows professionals to easily navigate around small and tricky spaces with minimum fuss, and be even closer to the job in hand. ‘Guaranteed Tough’, the tools have also been built to deliver exceptional reliability, and to withstand the constant rigours of the jobsite, avoiding costly downtime.
Greater work area visibility
The super bright focused LED light on the base of the DCD791 Drill Driver and DCD796 Hammer Drill Driver is angled for reduced shadow around the work area. The highest of the three switch positions provides a 60 lumen output with an impressive 20 minute delay, delivering greater visibility and productivity on site.
Variable impact control for light to high speed applications
For greater control, operators of the DEWALT DCF887 Impact Driver have access to three different control settings, including ‘Precision Drive’. A first for a DEWALT tool, this mode is suitable for delicate screwdriving applications. It gives users the optimum amount of turning force, avoiding over-driving screws, splintering, or damage to materials, bits or fasteners such as brass or machine screws.
By contrast, the high speed impact setting offers users market leading torque and speed of application to ensure that they have all of the performance they need to get even the heaviest applications completed quickly.
Mayan Desai, Trade Marketing Manager Stanley Black & Decker Southern Africa says, “A lack of power to tackle larger tasks, poor work area visibility, and drilling tools which are too large for the more intimate jobs, are common frustrations of today’s professionals. The latest range of innovative, Brushless products on DeWALT’s XR 18V Lithium-Ion platform provides an extremely tough and reliable solution which addresses all of these critical user needs. Increased performance, variable impact control, focused LED lighting, and reduced length allow maximum productivity in all drilling and fastening applications, no matter how demanding.”
- Brushless motor for less servicing and downtime
- Optimised tool length – reduced by up to 7mm
- Super bright*, focused LED light with a three-position switch (Low – 2 lumens, Medium – 18 lumens, and High – 60 lumens)*
- Three-mode impact selector with ‘Precision Drive’ for light screwdriving, Speed I for standard impact applications, and Speed II offering up to 207Nm for high torque applications
- Compatible with DeWALT XR 18V 2.0Ah, 5.0Ah and Bluetooth battery packs