“Commercial operation status ensures technical compliance to statutory, safety and legal requirements. This signatory milestone marks the contractual handover of the unit from the primary contractors to Eskom, which means that Medupi Unit 5 is now part of the Eskom generation fleet,” interim group CEO Matshela Koko said in a statement.
Medupi Unit 6 became commercially operational on August 23, 2015.
- Sacci concerned about impact of Eskom load shedding on manufacturing
- Cape Town residents may be spared #loadshedding - for now
- Eskom establishes contingency plans as workers threaten 'total shutdown'
- SA’s Eskom plans to sell foreign debt sale in two months
- Eskom entitled to delay IPP signing – Nersa