American car-maker Ford said it would invest 3 billion rand ($211 million) in its South African assembly plant to meet rising domestic and international demand for its Ford Ranger pickup truck, the company said on Friday.
“This significant investment reaffirms Ford’s ongoing commitment to South Africa as a local manufacturer, exporter and key employer in the automotive sector,” Ockert Berry, vice president operations for Ford Middle East and Africa said in a statement
- These are the laws you should know before flying a drone in South Africa
- Forget millennials, centennials now hold the key to brand relevancy
- Digital migration: What does it all mean?
- How to invest meaningfully in Africa
- This is how many dollar millionaires there are in South Africa and how many are part of the world’s richest 1%