South African President Jacob Zuma has appointed minister of state security David Mahlobo as energy minister in a cabinet reshuffle, the presidency said on Tuesday.
Zuma changed six ministers, including home affairs, state security and communications. Blade Nzimande, a vocal critic of Zuma, was removed as minister of higher education and training.
The following changes have been:
- Professor Hlengiwe Mkhize is the Minister of Higher Education and Training
- Ms Ayanda Dlodlo is the Minister of Home Affairs
- Ms Mmamaloko Kubayi is the Minister of Communications
- Mr David Mahlobo is the Minister of Energy
- Adv. Bongani Thomas Bongo is the Minister of State Security
- Mr Buti Manamela is the Deputy Minister of Higher Education and Training
- 10 start-ups expected to disrupt South Africa’s business landscape
- Officials at the signing ceremony Building Energy to set up hydroelectric plant in South Africa
- Confidence levels in SA are highest in 6 years
- Sea Harvest has partnered up with Surfing South Africa and Waves for Change
- Uber South Africa to bring flu vaccinations to your doorstep for R100