South African President Jacob Zuma has appointed minister of state security David Mahlobo as energy minister in a cabinet reshuffle, the presidency said on Tuesday.
Zuma changed six ministers, including home affairs, state security and communications. Blade Nzimande, a vocal critic of Zuma, was removed as minister of higher education and training.
The following changes have been:
- Professor Hlengiwe Mkhize is the Minister of Higher Education and Training
- Ms Ayanda Dlodlo is the Minister of Home Affairs
- Ms Mmamaloko Kubayi is the Minister of Communications
- Mr David Mahlobo is the Minister of Energy
- Adv. Bongani Thomas Bongo is the Minister of State Security
- Mr Buti Manamela is the Deputy Minister of Higher Education and Training
- New facility aims to boost trade for SA firms in Africa
- Absa introduces WhatsApp Banking - A first for SA
- Siemens Gamesa to install two large onshore wind farm projects in South Africa
- Advancing South Africa into the 4th Industrial Revolution
- 5 things McKinsey is doing to try salvage its reputation in South Africa