WhatsApp is looking for help from researchers to solve the problem of fake news on its platform.
The company is offering a set of competitive awards to researchers interested in exploring issues related to misinformation on WhatsApp.
“The WhatsApp Research Awards will provide funding for independent research proposals that are designed to be shared with WhatsApp and Facebook,” said WhatsApp.
- How to wipe your personal information from Facebook, Google, and Twitter
- South Africans can now contact politicians via WhatsApp for better service delivery
- New electricity substation doubles capacity
- Absa introduces WhatsApp Banking - A first for SA
- Wonderware Southern Africa undergoes name change to IS3