10 Reasons to Study IT Online
Study online is becoming increasingly popular and distance learning is the best way for working individuals to get that degree, diploma or which ever qualification you want. The web has increased the options for various qualifications and you can do the course at your own pace.
In the article below, M. Jackson has listed the ten reasons why studying online is more convenient and better than traditional education. Use the navigation link to view various articles on Study-IT-Online on CBN's website as well as business related articles.
10 Great Reasons To Study Online
By: M. Jackson
According to the United States Department of Education, 56 percent of 2-year and 4-year schools offered certificate programs or a college degree completely through distance learning. Clearly distance learning has become a growing trend for a large number of students seeking higher education. Effective online programs are able to bring together the expertise of experts in the field who would not otherwise be available to a campus-based program.
If you are still undecided about distance learning, consider the following 10 great reasons to study online:
1. Distance learning allows people to live anywhere while pursuing the education of their choice. Whether a person lives in the same city as the school or in another country, people can attend the learning institution of their choice through distance education opportunities. If a person resides in another country, distance learning saves the trouble of applying for a student visa.
2. Distance learning saves time and money on transportation and room and board at a school. Distance learning opportunities allow people to work and live in an affordable manner at the location of their choice.
3. Distance learning offers students current course material. Online learning opportunities give students the chance to learn fresh, new material all the time.
4. Distance learning gives students the chance to study anywhere. Since most distance learning programs are offered online, students have the flexibility to learn wherever they can find an Internet connection, even if they are on vacation or staying with family.
5. Distance learning students can spend necessary time at work or home. If students have a full-time job or raising a family, it is easier to balance those responsibilities with higher education through distance learning programs.
6. Distance learning students have the opportunity for higher education when they are injured, elderly or handicapped. Distance learning programs give people with limited mobility the chance to further their education.
7. Distance learning students can learn at their own pace. Most distance learning programs are based on students working at their own pace and level of motivation, making them tailored to suit individual needs for maximum academic success.
8. Distance learning gives students a variety of choices. Students can choose from a variety of subjects and course offerings because they can virtually study almost anywhere.
9. Distance learning students have constant access to course materials. Online learning programs have chat rooms, bulletin boards, email contacts and course materials readily available 24 hours per day and 365 days per year for the convenience of distance learning students.
10. Distance learning is a respected, valid way to further education. Over 80 percent of the academic leaders at the largest schools agree that the outcome of online learning is equal to if not better than learning in a traditional school environment.
We seldom grow when we are comfortable. A new experience like this causes you to stretch and adapt, becoming more flexible and more thoughtful. Consider that according to Sloan Consortium's Making the Grade: Online Education in the United States, 2006, there were 3.2 million students learning online during the 2005 Fall semester. More people are realizing their dreams of attaining a higher education through the myriad of opportunities available through distance learning.
Date Created: 2009-07-27