Coating the floors of a Build It hardware outlet in Ballito was one of the first major commercial projects to be completed with a.b.e. Construction Chemicals’ new abecote Tough Polyurethane Paint. a.b.e. is part of the Chryso Southern Africa Group.
Peter Jones, a.b.e.’s National Sales Manager: Flooring, says the new durable floor paint was recently applied by enthusiastic a.b.e. staff to over 200 square metres of concrete floors at Siyakha Build It in the Ballito Business Park. Siyakha Build It, previously trading as Amandla Build It, was relaunched earlier this year after a change of ownership.
“For the refurbishment of the floors of the Build It store, a.b.e. first prepared the floors using a 3mm scraper coat of a.b.e. flooring resin and silica sand, before applying two coats of abecote Tough Polyurethane Paint. ‘Sea Grey’ was selected as colour,” Jones stated.
Launched recently, abecote Tough Polyurethane Paint is a single component waterborne Polyurethane (PU) floor paint for interior and exterior concrete surfaces. The new product complements a.b.e.’s current offering of abecote Tough Epoxy Paint and abecote Clear Polyurethane Paint.
“The new water-based polyurethane floor paint provides an exceptionally attractive satin finish on concrete floors. It is simple to use and can be applied to any domestic concrete surfaces such as patios, garage floors, driveways, basements, store rooms, and is also suitable for light commercial and industrial renovation applications, such as we carried out at Siyakha Build It . Two coats - with 10% diluted abecote Tough Polyurethane Paint as primer - are sufficient to provide a durable finish,” Jones stated.
Some of the advantages of the new product are:
- Environmentally- and user-friendly (solvent free);
- Easy to use, water-based satin finish;
- Easy cleaning and good stain resistance;
- Single component – simple, no-mix formula;
- Excellent scratch, scuff and wear resistance;
- Chemicals and stain resistance;
- Resists hot tyre pick-up marks; and
- UV and weather resistant – colour-fast and non-yellowing.
abecote Tough Polyurethane Paint is supplied in 5 litre containers and available in a clear version as well as eight colours: White, Black, Traffic Green, Soft Grey, Golden Yellow, Havana Beige, Signal Red, and Sea Grey.
- Manitou - Your partner in construction
- Revolutionary solar-power desalination plant could provide cheaper option, but it needs space
- Meet with key construction buyers in the Western Cape
- New 3D printed house points the way to a more sustainable construction industry
- Learning and Networking for the Construction Industry