Spraying Systems Co. a leader in spray technology has been active in southern Africa for over 50 years. It offers a wide range of spray nozzles for fire protection applications with certifications from Underwriters Laboratories, Factory Mutual, Bureau Varitas and American Bureau of Shipping.
Spraying Systems Co. has a wide variety of spray styles, including water mist FogJets, non-clog Spirlajets, high velocity Fulljets, flat spray Floodjets and Veejets. All these nozzles are available in different connection options, spray angles and materials.
The company offers decades of experience with fire protection applications, providing customized solutions to Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) customers, innovation and leadership in fire protection nozzle design – especially in the areas of cluster spray, hydraulic atomizing, deluge and foaming nozzles.
Spraying Systems CO USA are active members of National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) as well as specialized spray technology organizations such as Institute for Liquid Atomization and Spray Systems (ILASS) and American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) sub-committee on drop size. It claims to have the world’s largest dedicated spray laboratory. This facility is filled with state-of-the-art equipment for research, performance testing, prototyping, spray characterization, drop size distribution, spray impact, spray pattern, spray coverage and more are typical tests conducted for fire protection application support.
Common applications for the Spray Systems Co. systems include:
- Cooling of storage tanks
- Extinguishing on conveyors, transformers and storage areas
- Deluge has large heat absorption capacity, and also cools the fuel of the fire below ignition temperature
- Produces finely atomized spray for protecting assets that could be destroyed by water damage from deluge systems
Off-shore oil platform protection
- Water spray nozzles used to prevent explosions due to dust and static electricity
- Fulljet and Spirlajet nozzles are used to spray typical AFFF wet foam
Heat mitigation and protection
- Storage tank water curtains
- Building heat blast protection systems
- Water walls