Engen is an Africa-based energy company focusing on the downstream refined petroleum products market and related businesses. The company’s core functions are the refining of crude oil, the marketing of our primary refined petroleum products and the provision of convenience services via our extensive retail network.
As a refiner-marketer of petroleum and related products, we channel ongoing investment into the Engen Refinery, one of SA’s leading refineries. But at the very core of our being, we focus on marketing our products via various channels, under the umbrella of Engen Sales & Marketing (ESM). ESM supports retail networks and commercial supply arrangements in all our petrol- and diesel-buying markets, and specialised channels for our lubricants, chemicals and special products. To tie the downstream value chain together, Engen has a Supply, Trading & Optimisation division which is the system balancer and optimiser.
Key facts and figures:
- Presence in over 20 countries
- Products exported to over 30 more countries, mostly in Africa and the Indian Ocean Islands
- Refinery (based in Durban, SA) has a nameplate capacity of 135, 000 barrels per day
- Lubricating Oils Blending Plant (in Durban, SA), produces 40 tons of product per hour, totalling 320,000 litres per day/on a single shift.
- Approximately 1, 500 service stations across sub-Saharan Africa and Indian Ocean Islands
- Convenience stores at approximately 600 Engen service stations
- Extensive storage and distribution infrastructure, including: depots, terminals, lubricant warehouses, a bitumen plant and aviation facilities at leading airports:
- Transport fleet consists of approximately 180 bulk fuel tankers
- Part-ownership of 40,000 and 17,000 metric tons product tankers
- Automotive Fuels and Lubricants
- Industrial Fuels and Lubricants
- Aviation Fuels and Lubricants
- Marine Fuels and Lubricants
- Chemicals and Special Products
ADDRESSStreet: Engen Court, Thibault Square, Long Street
City: Cape Town
Province: Western Cape
Country: South Africa