The IWA Water Loss Specialist Group, in association with City Of Cape Town, will host the biennial Water Loss Conference and Exhibition from 7 to 9 May 2018 at the Century City Conference Centre and Hotel in Cape Town, South Africa. The Conference will be one of the world’s largest water loss events of its type in the world and is expected to attract 400 delegates from more than 40 countries. Of 200 abstracts submitted, 100 have been selected for oral presentation at the Conference.
Issues to be discussed will include:
- Cities that have experienced the “day zero” scenario and lessons learned
- Pressure management and reducing leakage and demand through advanced pressure control
- Reducing water losses in schools
- Identifying leaks through latest technology
- Identifying leakage and wastage in business and communities
- Water loss reduction interventions – case studies
- Use of technology in battle against water losses
- Community awareness. Education and public involvement in saving water
Many of the world’s leading experts in the field of Non-Revenue Water Management will be present to discuss the latest developments, strategies, techniques and applications of international best practices as well as successful case studies. In addition they will present a 1-day pre-conference workshop on 6 May 2018 to provide an introduction to the issue of Non-Revenue Water Management and an overview of the latest IWA Methodology for reducing water losses from Municipal water supply systems. This one day, back to basics, workshop is an event not to be missed as it will provide a solid grounding on water loss management and will be hosted by 1 local and 3 international professional who between them have more than 100 years of practical hands-on experience.
The exhibition will host a number of world class companies supplying various items of equipment to assist municipalities and individuals to assess, control and reduce their water losses. This is a highly relevant event for the City of Cape Town which is experiencing its worst water crisis in memory. Any company wishing to participate or attend the event should visit our website www.waterloss2018.com or contact the Conference Organisers on firstname.lastname@example.org