The SA Property Investors Network (SAPIN) is inviting all South Africans over 18 who have invested in property between November 2019 and August 2021 to enter the annual Investor of the Year Awards.
“The Investor of the Year Awards is all about celebrating success in the dynamic field of property investment while providing the opportunity to network with like-minded investors and property gurus. We want to encourage and inspire all South Africans to build wealth through property investment, as we have seen just how our members have been able to move from ‘zero to hero’ while assisting others along the way,” says Andrew Walker, CEO and founder of SAPIN.
There are seven categories of awards which cater for a range of entries from beginner property owners to professional property practitioners.
“There is a myth that property investing is only for the wealthy, but we have seen investors start with almost nothing… so it really is true that you can create wealth through property investing with the right education and the right network. We want to expose this and encourage all South Africans to take advantage of the opportunities available to them,” explains Walker.
The award categories are:
- Beginner Investor: A new investor who has had a successful first deal. The winner would have made a profit and leveraged their network to complete their first deal.
- Most Growth Investor: An investor who completed more than two deals in the last 12-18 months, an investor who can show growth within their portfolio.
- Investor for Change: The investor who not only invests in themselves, but also invests in their community. In the end, property investment offers individuals a chance to make a difference, whether it was providing assistance to distressed buyers or uplifting a community.
- Innovative Investor: An investor who completed the most creative or innovative deal. The winner would have used a creative strategy or structure to complete a profitable deal.
- Big Leagues Investor: An investor who has grown into the commercial or development sector.
- Investor of the Year 2021: In order to win the most prestigious award of the evening, the entrant needs to win one of the categories listed above and will be rated by the judges and audience on the night as the Investor of the Year 2021.
- Deal of the Year: Selected from all of the deals that our investors entered, the judges will select the best deal presented.
Entries are completed online at www.investoroftheyear.co.za and the closing date for entries is 31 August 2021. Preliminary judging will take place between 31 March and 30 August 2021. The awards will be held at the Marriott Hotel in Sandton on 18 November 2021.