ClickScan and HealthScan – two easy to use, COVID-19 screening and compliance tools – provide safety and compliance as businesses return to work.
AS industry re-opens during the COVID-19 pandemic, businesses must adhere to regulations to ensure safety and mitigate the spread of the virus in the workplace.
Employees must be screened to ascertain whether they have any of the observable symptoms associated with COVID-19; namely fever, cough, sore throat, redness of eyes, shortness of breath or loss of taste or smell being common symptoms.
Manual capture of information will be time consuming, costly and lacks the robustness of reporting and audit.
Electronic solution introduced
Since 2003 Cape Town based Touchwork has become an international leader in customer experience (CX) solutions and services that help organisations capture, analyse, and act on information in real-time – anytime, anywhere. Its clients include SAN Parks, Johnson & Johnson, Vodacom, Ezemvelo and more than 50 European and North American universities and colleges
The latest extension of this technology is ClickScan and HealthScan – both electronic regenerative tools that provide real-time health screening, combining COVID-19 symptom checks and temperature readings from an infrared thermometer.
Both tools work in a similar way: ClickScan enables smaller businesses to quickly and easily implement a compliance solution at low cost while HealthScan is aimed at larger enterprises.
How it works
ClickScan, once activated provides employees an identification barcode by email, and the employer is issued with a screening link which is accessed at the office location:
- When employees arrive at work, their barcode is scanned, their temperature taken and they answer the required COVID questionnaire.
- The onsite screening team access the link via a browser-based barcode scanner. After scanning the ID, a risk assessment survey is completed and the temperature taken and entered using a standard infra-red thermometer.
- This can be done on any phone, tablet or computer with a camera. If employees fail the assessment, the system will warn the employee, an internal alert will be sent to a designated person within the company and they will be asked to return home following the appropriate protocols.
- The system includes the ability to screen visitors and employees who have forgotten their identification.
TouchWork CEO Rudi Leitner says this innovation can be installed for as little as R500 per month and offers major benefits to business. “We have also deployed an educational version for use in our schools and universities.”
The tool provides:
- Real-time data and reporting for health compliance and audit.
- Cost-effective and easy setup and deployment
- A streamlined solution designed to reduce admin
- No expensive equipment required
- Easy to use dashboards, reporting and data analytics.
HealthScan is the enterprise solution which provides more functionality.
Employees complete a daily risk assessment before leaving for work using their phones. If they pass the assessment, the system sends them an access pass which they need to show when they access the workplace. Temperature will still be taken, and is entered into the system via the scanner tool link.
Employees who fail the self-assessment receive a red or yellow notice to seek additional screening, or not come to work. In both cases, company HR is notified via email.
Although targeting COVID, the system could also be used to screen for other diseases such as TB, or could be changed to monitor staff sentiment post-COVID.
Leitner concludes “By using either ClickScan or HealthScan you have a fully auditable record of your Covid-19 screening processes. Implementing employee screening is a requirement for a return to work, and using this system will ensure that you meet all government requirements in terms or screening.”
“Apart from your infrared thermometer there is no need to buy expensive equipment!” he added.
- For more information visit www.clickscan.co.za or www.healthscan.co.za