More visibility, reduced uncertainty and better power quality and energy consumption decisions
COMTEST is offering the Fluke’s two 3-phase power loggers, the 1736 and 1738 giving users the data needed to make critical power quality and energy decisions in real-time. They are specifically engineered to conduct energy studies and basic power quality logging, automatically capturing and logging over 500 power quality parameters for more visibility into the data needed to optimize system reliability and savings.
The Fluke 1736 and 1738 are the first three-phase power loggers built with the Fluke Connect® mobile app and software, enabling users to measure, capture and log all relevant characteristics of electric power and enable access to management and analysis of large data sets.
The 1736 and 1738 provide:
- More visibility Automatically captures and logs over 500 power quality parameters.
- Reduced Uncertainty Visibility through Fluke Connect enables users to view collected data to ensure the data being collected is correct, either at the panel or remotely. By powering the logger directly from the measured line and the intelligent verification function that digitally corrects common connection issues measurement system errors are significantly reduced.
- Better Decision-Making Capabilities Data can be accessed and shared remotely via the Fluke Connect® app to maintain safer working distances and make critical decisions in real-time, reducing the need for protective equipment, site visits and check-ins. Chart and graph measurements to create detailed reports with Fluke Energy Analyse Plus software.
The Fluke 1736 and 1738 have more power quality measurement capability than their predecessor, the Fluke 1730, a pure energy logger; this functionality is a subset of the Fluke 1736/1738. For users performing both basic power quality studies and energy studies, 1736/1738 enables users to measure, capture and log all relevant characteristics of electric power and gives access to management and analysis of large data sets. 1738 includes advanced limit-based analysis (uses EN510160 limits), the capability to connect two Fluke Connect® devices for logging of supplementary parameters and a WiFi / Bluetooth (BLE) dongle.
The Fluke 1736 and 1738 features:
- Key measurements: Simultaneously measure log voltage, current, power, harmonics and associated values
- Measure all three phases and neutral with included 4 flexible current probes
- Connectivity on a portable power logger. View data locally on the instrument, via the Fluke Connect™ App or through the facility’s Wi-Fi infrastructure.
- Comprehensive logging: 20+ separate logging sessions can be stored on the instruments. (All measured values are automatically logged for measurement trends).
- Capture Dips and Swells: includes event waveform snapshot, along with the date, timestamp and severity to help pinpoint potential root causes of power quality issues
- Complete “in-the-field” setup through the front panel or Fluke Connect™ App: no need to return to the workshop for download and setup or to take a computer to the electrical panel.
- Convenient instrument powering: power the instrument directly from the measured circuit eliminating the need to find a power outlet while allowing the instrument to be secured safely inside electrical panels.
- Fully Integrated Logging. Connect other Fluke Connect™ devices to the Fluke 1738 to simultaneous log up to two other parameters, virtually any parameter available on Fluke Connect enabled digital multimeters.
- Two USB ports: one for PC connection – another for quick, simple data download to standard USB thumb drives, or other USB devices for in-place, undisrupted logging.
- Compact size
- Highest industry safety rating: 600 V CAT IV/1000 V CAT III.
- Security: safeguard from theft with an optional hefty, durable Kensington lock.
- Power Quality Analyse application software: Download and analyse every detail of energy consumption and power quality state of health with automated reporting
Accessories for the 1736, the hanger kit and magnetic voltage probes are must-haves, making installing much easier. Additionally, the upgrade kit for the 1736 allows users to fully upgrade their 1736 to 1738 with all the functionality and accessories included with 1738. The auxiliary input cable is very useful if users wish to log other parameters like temperature along with energy and, especially if there are a wide variety of circuit types and sizes, additional current probes would be most useful. If users are planning to fully integrate their measurements they can also buy FC3000 modules which can connect to the 1738 and log those measured values.
Contact COMTEST on + 010 595 1821, email@example.com or www.comtest.co.za, for more information on Fluke 1736 & 1738 3-phase power loggers, technical or seminar information, demonstrations or to locate your nearest authorised Comtest Channel Partner.