BEKA Schréder, a foremost supplier of locally manufactured luminaires and GRP poles announces the appointment of Daniel Kasper as the General Manager of BEKA Schréder. Daniel took up this position from the 1st of October 2021.
Since joining BEKA Schréder in 2007, Daniel has held leadership positions in Product Management, Product Development, and most recently Operations Management. Daniel holds a Master of Science (M.Sc.) at the Technical University of Karlsruhe in Germany, specialising in Electrical and Information Technology, and Optical Engineering.
“Our market strength means customer orientation. We strive to meet our customer expectations while we have the lighting expertise of over 40 years locally and over 110 years globally. We live a strategic culture of innovation.
My passion for lighting and innovation has always been one of my core strengths and I am therefore confident that I can lead the fantastic BEKA Schréder Team into the future and continue to transform and innovate to meet the market needs of today and tomorrow”, states Daniel.
Daniel is also the current President of the IESSA – the Illumination Engineering Society of South Africa.
The company have enjoyed considerable local and international project success recently completing supply contracts for projects in:
- Hermanus – High Street LED lighting upgrade and solar LED installation at Hermanus Harbour.
- APLI Fruit Terminal, Port of Coega – outdoor lighting solution
- Cape Town – Beachfront solar installation
- Cape Town – Green Point Athletics Stadium, retrofit with high power LED floodlight solution.
- Cape Town – LED streetlighting solution for the N2/M3 intersection at Hospital Bend
- Gaborone, Botswana – LED streetlight installation at Sir Seretse Khama International Airport Special Economic Zone project
- Kinshasa, DRC – FIFA standard LED floodlight installation at the National Football Stadium including BEKA Schréder’s latest sports lighting control system
- Cape Town – LED streetlight retrofit of the N7 and the Koeberg interchange
- Hout Bay – LED lighting solution for the harbour
BEKA Schréder’s first products in manufacture were corrosion-resistant Glass Fibre Reinforced Polyester (GRP) Poles and Public Lighting luminaires that continue to provide long-term solutions for the hostile coastal and inland environments. Their products are used in many infrastructure developments, such as roads and highways, residential and commercial areas, and town centres as an integral part of urban renewal programmes. BEKA Schréder products are exported into almost all African countries, as well as the Middle East, South East Asia, Europe, South America and Australia.
BEKA Schréder’s focus is on designing sustainable LED solutions. They understand the importance of renewable energy solutions and provide various solar-powered indoor and outdoor lighting products.
Quality is the company’s hallmark, and they offer an extensive range of high-quality LED luminaires, most of which are locally designed and manufactured, making them the best suited for African conditions. Their local content in their products and supply chain are of utmost importance to them, thereby assisting the local economy.
Furthermore, they have an applications department which assists with creating lighting designs for projects. This is important to ensure that the correct luminaire is used for the application, providing the right amount of light where it is needed, and avoiding spill light. This ensures a complete, sustainable solution.
The community is important to BEKA Schréder and is involved in various socio-economic development projects. One such project was the one in Chintsa East in the Eastern Cape, where they donated 160 LED streetlights, lighting up the streets so women and children can walk around freely at night, kids can play soccer under the streetlights, and everyone feels safer. This is the first streetlight installation for Chintsa East.
- For further information, please contact email@example.com