When you are planning residential or commercial moves that involve a significant amount of manual labour, the best option that you have is to hire a professional mover. Whether over a short or long distance, hiring a professional moving company has several different advantages, including:
- It can prevent injuries from improper heavy lifting and handling/moving of furniture, appliances, and items.
- It is a cost-effective solution that takes less time than trying to move everything yourself.
- It protects your belongings and fragile items from accidental damage.
- You get professional service that can help you pack up your home, move your belongings, and offload it at the new address.
- It saves time, leaving you to focus on other important details like enjoying the prospects of a new beginning.
There is an increased need for reliable moving services in South Africa as people relocate across the country. Of all the moving companies in Cape Town and other areas in South Africa, Cape Movers Furniture Removals is a reputable and professional service that you can count on.
How to select a reliable moving company in South Africa
The options are endless when it comes to moving companies in Cape Town, and consulting search engines can be a time-consuming task. One of the best ways to make sure that you find the right moving company for your needs is to:
- Sit down and write down what you need and expect from a moving company. Understand that you have certain responsibilities and that you have certain rights. You must provide the moving company with all the information they need to give you an accurate quote and to make it easy to move goods.
- Consult family and friends who have recently moved and ask for referrals. This is one of the easiest ways to gain insight into different moving companies.
- Consult at least three different companies. This will provide you with a broader idea of the range of pricing and level of service to expect.
- Obtain in-person and a written accurate estimate about potential movers. Consult with potential movers and make sure that you ask the necessary questions so that there are no grey areas, missed information, or miscommunication.
- Research the company’s experience and track record. Consult different online reviews to see what others are saying about the company’s service. This is the quickest way to identify excellent and bad reviews, saving you a lot of time and effort during pre-move planning.
- Check the references that the company claims to have, follow up to ensure that they are valid references.
- Check the moving company’s license and insurance policy. Enquire about the claim process and ensure that they are a member of a valid insurance provider.
- Obtain a detailed fee schedule and ask about all the hidden fees. A reputable company will be able to tell you exactly what their rates are and where they add additional charges.
- Obtain a moving quote from all prospective companies and compare them.
- Enquire about any additional or extra free/paid services such as packing services, boxes, assembly of furniture, storage arrangements for overnight moving, and so on.
- Collect all the documentation and information and compare it with your individual needs. Consider whether the moving company allows for customised services and whether they offer flexible services.